Monday, February 25, 2008

Moving Insurance

Well there are a few ways to go here:
1. Stay with the basic limited liability protections that is included with every move. Keep in mind this is not an isurance. It will compensate you $.60 per pound per article. So, if you have a table that weighs 100lb you will only receive $60 towards the repair of that item.
2. Some of the movers will offer insurance. Typically they would have a few options for you with different deductable.
3. You can choose a moving company and then just go with a 3rd party isurance just to name couple....moving insurance . com and baker international.
4. Your home owner insurance or renters insurance might cover your move so check with them before spending the money.


Aditya said...

I have a home owner insurance policy but my agent says that it doesn't covers losses that occurs during move. Is is true that it is optional or is embedded in it. I need to revise my policy because on my last move I have suffered a lot because the mover has denied to pay for them.
company insurance

Layne Adams said...

Great post! Thank you for sharing.Every job is important to us, and every customer is equally valued by us.
nj mover